Creamy and Comforting Soup made with Edamame Beans, Kale, Avocado and Leeks
This soup is ideal for all especially vegans and takes minimal effort and time to cook. Perfect combination of all greens enriched in fibre, protein, antioxidants and vitamin K makes it an extremely healthy choice for all kinds of diets. It can be served hot or cold depending on one’s personal choice.
- Edamame Beans – 200 gm
- Kale – 50 gm
- Leeks – 100 gm
- Avocado – 1
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Salt – 2 tsp or to taste
- Black Pepper – ½ tsp or to taste
- Water/Vegetable Stock – 1 Litre
- Vegetable Oil – 1tbsp
- Wash and Chop Leeks.
- Wash Kale thoroughly.
- Place one large leaf on a cutting board and fold in half lengthwise along the central stem so that the stem is exposed on one side.
- Use a sharp knife to slice the kale leaf off the tough middle stem and chop leaves into small pieces.
- Peel and chop garlic.
- Heat vegetable oil and add garlic and leeks.
- Stir-fry until soft and fragrant.
- Add Edamame beans and Kale.
- Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes and add water or vegetable stock.
- Add salt and pepper, bring to boil and reduce heat.
- Continue to boil on slow heat (approximately 30 minutes) until kale and beans have cooked thoroughly.
- Add chopped Avocado and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Cool it a little and puree in a food processor.
- Strain through a coarse sieve
- Heat the desired quantity again and serve hot with a garnish of sour cream.
- You can alter the amount of stock or water depending on your preference of soup consistency.