Refreshing lemonade with an added twist of Fresh Mint leaves
While original lemonade will always be my all time favourite, the small twist with added fresh mint leaves, prove to be of no comparison and makes it an ideal drink for either part of detox diet or a refreshing drink on a warm sunny day.
- Lemons – 4 large
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Water – 1 litre
- Fresh Mint Leaves – 10 gm/10-15 large leaves
- Add sugar and water in a jug and stir until sugar dissolves completely.
- Squeeze juice from all lemons and add to the jug.
- Puree mint leaves in mortar and pestle and add to the mix (you could more or less mint depending on your choice of mint flavour).
- Strain the mix through a sieve.
- If you do not mind the bits of lemon in lemonade, strain just the mint puree. The lemon bits do add extra flavour and texture to the lemonade.
- Add ice (optional) and serve it cold.
- The mix can be kept in the fridge for a couple of days.
- The amount of lemon juice and/or sugar can be altered according to your choice of sweetness or sourness of the lemonade (depending on the size and/or sourness of the lemon juice).